Ask a Genealogist
Do you have a factual question? Let us help you find the answer. Our reference staff can answer your basic questions. All requests receive the same consideration and are answered in the order received. Requests are handled in as timely a manner as possible.
If you are advised that your question requires more extensive research, you many come to the library or engage the services of a professional researcher. Questions involving extensive research cannot be answered due to time and staff constraints.
By phone: Call us at 229-985-6540. You may ask to speak to a Genealogist.
Send us a message (Answers will be sent in as timely manner as possible. If you have parental or mail controls turned on, please add to your allowed list.)
Address: P.O. Box 2828, Moultrie, Georgia 317769-2828
Please read the guidelines for questions listed below.
The types of questions we CAN answer require brief factual answers, such as:
- Do you have a marriage record for James G. Johnson in Colquitt County prior to 1875?
- My grandmother was born in Colquitt County, but died in Miller County. Do you have cemetery records for Miller County?
We CAN NOT answer questions that require in-depth research, such as:
- What is the best genealogy software to use?
- Who were the children of Dr. John Smith, who lived in Colquitt County in 1850-1879?
- My great grandfather was a 32nd degree Mason in Georgia. He died in 1875. Can you tell me about him?
If your question (s) require extensive research, you may come to the library, and we will help you get started or you may hire the services of a professional researcher.
The Georgia Genealogical Society’s list of independent researchers for hire is HERE.